Navigating all things related to services, government, etc. can be very overwhelming. We would like to include links here to help you through this process.
Child to Adult Services Transition
LINX worked with a Sociology class to compile resources to help families transition from child services to adult services.
- The Next Steps: Transitioning into Adulthood (detailed version)
- The Next Steps: Transitioning into Adulthood (plain language version)
- How to apply for PDD funding (Persons with Developmental Disabilities)
- How to apply for AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicap)
- How to apply for the DTC (Disability Tax Credit)
Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol (APRP) and Protection of Persons in Care (PPC)
LINX trains all staff to prevent, identify, and report abuse if discovered. These are some of the resources used in training.
- Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol Training Manual (APRP)-PDD
- Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol Power Point (APRP)-PDD
- Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol Report (APRP)-PDD
- Protection of Persons in Care (PPC) Guide
- Protection of Persons in Care (PPC) Brochure
- Protection of Persons in Care (PPC) Poster
- LINX Abuse Protocol Flow Chart
- Abuse Protocol Policy
LINX generally does not use Restrictive Procedures. If a Restrictive Procedure is to be considered, it must meet the established critera.
- Persons With Developmental Disabilities (PDD)
- Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD)
- Assured Income for the Severely Handicap (AISH)
- Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT)
- Alberta Supports
- Abuse Prevention and Response Protocol (APRP-PDD)
- Protection for Persons in Care (PPC)
- Alberta Council of Disability Services (ACDS)
- Alberta Mental Health
- Creating Excellence Together (CET)
- Leduc Assistend Transportation Services (LATS)
The staff at LINX are the best.
The thing I like best about LINX is the fact that I have an awesome coach and I’m getting the support I need.
LINX has helped me to find a job, build my confidence and help with my anger issues.
The thing I like best is that LINX is a very great place to work at. The staff is terrific and treat the clients with lots of respect.
LINX has helped me because they supported me about wanting to live independently
I am so proud of all the hard work that LINX does to provide support to it's clients and staff.